Monday, May 18, 2009

OB rotation

I started my OB rotation last week. I have to go to Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit. It's about an hour drive and we start at 6:30 am so I have to get up at 4:15. I am never gonna get used to that! So far, it's kind of boring but we have only worked in post partum. I watched a circumcision (won't do that again) and gave a 9 hour old baby a shot. Chase, had I watched a circumcision before you were born, I never would have done that to you. My apologies. Soon, we will get to see babies be born and even get to help a bit. There are bout 15-20 babies born at this hospital every 24 hours so there should be enough births for everyone to help a couple times.I feel for the young girls in my group who don't have any children. This rotation may just talk 'em right out of ever giving birth. There are some things better left unknown. Ignorance is bliss!

0 comments: